Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Fresh Heirloom Tomatoes and Pasta


I went to the new farmers market in San Marcos on Sunday for two specific reasons:  1 -- I wanted heirloom tomatoes, and 2 -- I wanted fresh fruit.

Yes, I can get these from the organic section at Sprouts, but they are seriously not as good as the farmers market produce.  Yum.

Tonight I made a no-cook sauce for some whole wheat pasta.

1 large heirloom tomato, chopped into bite-size pieces
Green olives, sliced (as many as you want)
1/2 package whole wheat pasta

While the pasta was cooking, I blended the following ingredients in my tupperware chopper thing:

(about) 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves
Few sprigs of fresh rosemary
2 garlic cloves
(about)2 tablespoons olive oil
Pinch of salt

When the pasta was done, I first mixed the tomato pieces and green olives with the oily-basil-garlic sauce, then poured the entire tomato mixture into the pot of drained pasta and mixed well.

I added a little bit of black pepper and red pepper flakes.

Delicious!  A delightful, easy, simple summer pasta dish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment