Saturday, January 9, 2016

The Lusty Vegan


For Christmas I received a new vegan cookbook called The Lusty Vegan.  I have made two recipes already and to be completely honest am not super impressed so far.  They just seem kind of bland, so I end up adding a ton of salt and other ingredients. 

First, I made the Bean Dip.  I followed the recipe exactly, and in the end, it didn't really taste any different than if I had just heated up the can of refried beans by itself... I mean, I love refried beans, but I was expecting something different.

Then, I made the coconut, rosemary stew (pictured above).  Again, very bland and this time too coconuty.  I had to add cumin, turmeric, and curry powder, and of course plenty of salt.  It actually tasted a lot better as leftovers over the next few days.  I mean, I felt like I had to eat it anyway because it would have been a huge waste of all those yummy vegetables! 

I'm skeptical about trying anymore recipes from this book, but I won't give up yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment