Friday, June 1, 2012

Spinach-Artichoke Dip

Here's one for all those vegan naysayers:  The other night I made an amazing spinach-artichoke dip from fresh artichokes and spinach.  As we were busily gobbling it down for dinner with tortilla chips and pita chips, Will said "This is definitely not healthy."  I replied, "A-ha!  You think it's not healthy because it tastes so good!  But you're wrong -- it's so super healthy and you wouldn't even know it!"

Sorry I don't have a picture, but we were so starving and ready to eat, we just dug in before I could get my camera out.  However, here is what was in my super yummy and healthy spinach-artichoke dip

1 cup freshly cooked artichoke hearts, chopped
1 cup fresh spinach, steamed
1/2 cup sauteed chopped onions
1 teaspoon Vegenaise
1 teaspoon Tofutti cream cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup Daiya mozzarella 

Mix it all together.  Put into one big round baking dish or two smaller baking ramekins.

Generously sprinkle the Daiya mozzarella on top and bake for about 20-25 minutes, until nice and golden and bubbling on top.

If I brought this to a party, I swear nobody would know that it was vegan.  In fact, I'm going to test that theory at the next event. 



No comments:

Post a Comment