Here's another one from Whole Living Magazine! I love that magazine! They always have the best recipes. We served this with the roasted sweet potatoes and basil pesto. Everything just went together so well and we were very pleased with this gourmet dinner!
- 1/2 cup cracked bulgur
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dried fruit, such as currants, golden raisins, or chopped apricots
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, torn if large
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped (1 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped garlic (about 1 small clove)
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios, toasted
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon wedge
Place bulgur in a heatproof bowl and add boiling water.
Season with a pinch of salt and cover with a plate until water is
absorbed and bulgur is tender, about 30 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Stir
in chickpeas, scallion, dried fruit, and mint.
Meanwhile, pulse carrots, garlic, and pistachios in a food
processor until coarsely chopped. Drizzle in oil and process until
combined. Season with salt and pepper.
Stir pesto into bulgur mixture. Squeeze with lemon and adjust seasoning, if necessary.