Thursday, July 18, 2013

Black Bean, Sweet Potato, and Sausage Soup

I looked up this recipe from Forks over Knives on my iPhone, and it seemed really familiar.  I could have sworn I had made a recipe like this recently, but didn't remember for sure.  Just now, I checked, and sure enough on May 29, I made this soup.  Click here for the original posting.  Needless to say, I went ahead and made something that was INSPIRED from this recipe and this is what I came up with.


I halved the recipe and added Tofurky vegan Italian sausage.  Also, I made rice and put that on the bottom of the bowl before ladeling in this deliciousness.  No wonder if I love this recipe so much and have now made it twice.  This is one of the only dishes I like with sweet potatoes.  As much as I love sweets, I am just not a fan of eating sweet vegetables as an entree.  Pairing sweet potatoes with spicy vegan sausage and hearty black beans in a savory soup really does the trick for me.  Will loves just baking a sweet potato and eating it with salt, pepper and Earth Balance.  Me?  Not so much.     

Will and I scarfed down the entire pot of this soup, which is great because it means no leftovers!  My husband is not prone to the eating of leftovers, so if I make too much of something it usually goes to waste, or I'm stuck eating it for lunches for the next five days.  


No comments:

Post a Comment