Monday, March 3, 2014

Mac N Cheese 2014 Update



Life is pretty hectic in our household lately, but when I get the urge for my all time favorite comfort food, I have to indulge.  Mmm, Mac and Cheese... so delicious. 


This is a new recipe I just made up tonight, and I swear it's the best one yet.  But you know I say that every time.

And I didn't really measure out the ingredients specifically; just threw everything together.

First I made the cashew cream with 1 cup of raw cashews soaked over night.  Blended them with one cup of fresh water.

While the macaroni noodles were cooking, I heated the cashew cream on the stove with the rest of the following ingredients:

fresh garlic
nutritional yeast
garlic powder
onion powder
pink sea salt
rice milk
Daiya vegan cheddar

Mixed the creamy, cheesy mixture with the pasta, sprinkled some more Daiya on top and broiled for a about five minutes.

As you can see, I don't have time to bother with measurements, let alone write about them.

Start with the cashew cream and then go from there.  Good luck.



1 comment:

  1. Yum! I have been craving this since I read your post.

    I didn't have Internet earlier when I was looking for your recipe, but I found my grandma's vegan nacho cheese recipe, which is very similar minus the rice milk and cheddar, plus some bell pepper, jalapeño slices, and an extra cup of water. It was great over pasta.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete