Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Chickpea Spread



I normally just call them garbanzo beans, and I love them.  I love them in (or on) salad, soup, pasta, rice, by themselves, and of course, hummus!  However, for this recipe we shall call them "chickpeas." 

This is another dish I brought to my book club last night and it seemed to go over well.  Recipe is from Vegan Yum Yum.

Ingredients: 
2 cups garbanzo beans (I used dry beans, but if you want to use canned, it's one 15 oz can)
3-4 tablespoons vegenaise
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon mustard
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
black pepper to taste

VYY says to "mash all the ingredients to form a chunky spread."

I used my Tupperware Chop N Prep (the most amazing appliance in my kitchen) and mashed up everything that way. 

Add a mint for garnish and dig in.  Mmm, yum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment