Friday, October 12, 2012

Anniversary Dinner


 This past Wednesday was our second wedding anniversary!  10-10-10! 

Since the restaurant where we went on our first date is no longer there, we decided to go to our other favorite little Italian place -- Trattoria i Trulli.  This place never fails.  It is classic, romantic and cozy.  Perfect! 

i Trulli has amazing, authentic Italian food.  We love their fresh tomato-garlic sauce that they serve with fresh bread as an appetizer.  They have good vegetarian options for pasta too.  Everything is made fresh and to-order. 

Tonight I kept coming back to the beet gnocchi on their daily specials menu.  Beet gnocchi?  What in the world is that?  I love beets, and I love gnocchi, so I had to order it.  I requested the goat cheese sauce to be replaced with arrabiata sauce and it was delicious! 



This picture doesn't do it justice.  I know it just looks like a big blob of red.  But there is the red beet gnocchi under that sauce, along with toasted walnuts and kale.  I swear the chef must have known I would be coming in that night, because this meal was created specifically for me!  So good! 

We love you i Trulli! 

No comments:

Post a Comment