Thursday, October 18, 2012

Kale-Stuffed Mushrooms


I almost hate to say that I found my old South Beach Diet book from 2003, and actually marked some of the recipes to try.  Believe me, the recipe section of that book is the only thing I read, and some of them are actually pretty good.  Like this one for instance.  The recipe calls for spinach, but I updated it with Kale.  Spinach is sooo last decade. 

To be honest, I didn't really follow the recipe at all.  I used it more as an inspiration.

This is what I did:

Sauteed the kale with crushed garlic and olive oil.
Stuffed the kale into six baby bellas.
Placed the stuffed mushrooms on a layer of stewed tomatoes on the bottom of a baking dish.
Sprinkled Daiya vegan cheese and smoked paprika on top of mushrooms.
Baked for 30 minutes.


Vegans and Paleo's alike can delight in this meal, served with fresh cabbage salad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment