Saturday, November 10, 2012

While I Was Gone

Every October and November are extremely busy for me.  I travel a lot for work during these two months, and pretty much don't have time or energy for much cooking.  I just got back from a ten-day trip to New England, and before that I was at college fairs almost every night.  This week I was exhausted from travel and planning for a big event, and next week I'm traveling in Northern California for a week.  And then it's Thanksgiving!  What?!  Where did that come from?

I've mentioned what I normally eat when I'm traveling, but while I'm still local and attending two college fairs a day, it gets a little interesting too.  For example, one week back in October, I made a big potato salad and ate that at my booth each day for lunch, since the fair was during lunch hours.  For dinner I would make some kind of quick soup, or rice and beans, or salad at around 4:00 before going to the next college fair that lasted until about 8:30pm.  Of course I would be hungry by the time I got home, so I usually made a big thing of popcorn before falling asleep.

While I was Back East, I ended up buying all my typical travel food at Trader Joe's when I first got there, but then my college fair tour was cancelled due to Hurricane Sandy so I ended up being "stranded" at my parents house, which was not a bad thing at all!  It was wonderful to be fed homemade meals by Mom for five days!  After the storm passed I ended up doing some work travels that I had arranged on my own since I was out there anyway.  I got to see lots of friends and family and eat lots of good veggie food. 

Here are just a few pictures from my New England travels:

Pumpkin and Fig flatbread at some place in Boston with Kendra.

Burlington, Vermont:  Best veggie burger EVER.  Topped with Fresh kimchee.


Montpelier:  Tofu, tomato, and avocado bagel breakfast sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment