Sunday, May 31, 2015

Roasted Veggies with Carrot Greens Pesto


This is true local eating right here. Everything in this dish is from my weekly CSA box from Garden of Eden Organic Farm, and that's the way I like it.

By the way, we've been eating MOSTLY local organic produce ever since I read Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver, and I love it.  I have found three great farms under five miles from my house, and that is where I get all my produce now!  It's great, and the food tastes so much better!  I would love to grow my own food too, of which I'm attempting to do this summer, but that's a story for another time...

Anyway, back to this dish:

I roasted the carrots and radishes and made a pesto out of the carrot top greens and basil.  When the veggies came out of the oven, I mixed them with the pesto. So yum!  The only ingredients not from the box are the garlic and olive oil, salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment