Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Trader Joe's Serves us Dinner

In case you haven’t noticed, I’ve been traveling for work a lot lately.  When I’m at home, I’m either too busy doing laundry, packing and unpacking; or just too tired and lazy to whip up a big dinner.

I checked out three vegan cookbooks from the library and am dying to try out some of the recipes, but when?  When will I have time and energy to do this?  I don’t know.

In the meantime, I’ve been relying a lot on pre-packaged meals from Trader Joe’s.  (And of course, rice, beans, and salad.)

Here are two examples of tasty, vegan dinners we had last week. 



First of all, I have truly become a huge fan of these Tom Yum Soups.  I LOVE THEM!  They come with little packets of spices and fresh ginger slices to add for flavor, AND they come with five little spinach and mushroom dumplings.  All together in the big bowl of soup, everything about this soup is delicious and satisfying.  I also made some Cal Rose rice and served it with wasabi flavored seaweed strips, which are also from Trader Joe’s. 

Tom “YUM” soup indeed!

________________________


The Trader Joe’s Indian Fare dinners are always an easy, delicious dinner when paired with Jasmine rice and a fresh cucumber/tomato salad.  We used to get the garlic naan from Trader Joe’s as well, but it’s not vegan, so no more of that!
It was still a pretty good dinner for a quick meal during the week.




No comments:

Post a Comment