Thursday, December 1, 2011

Homemade Pho

We love Pho San Marcos so much that we pretty much go there at least once a week. 
They have the absolute best Pho noodle soup.  Ever.  And they have a vegetarian option for me, which is perfect.

This week, however, I decided to try making pho at home.  I got the idea when I saw this soup base for vegetarian pho at Sprouts.


I made the rice noodles and got all the ingredients ready for adding to the top of the soup:  Sriracha, Hoisin sauce, Garlic sauce, bean sprouts, basil, sage, and an anaheim long green pepper. 



Into the soup broth I added mushrooms, carrots, celery, broccoli and tofu. 


Ta da!  Pho at home. 

P.S.  As fun and delicious as this was, I think I'm going to stick to going to Pho San Marcos for my favorite Vietnemese noodle soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment