Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Vegan Australia



On my last day in Australia, my brother's new sister-in-law took me and Mom and Dad sight-seeing in Brisbane. 

For lunch with O and her mom, she took us to Loving Hut.  These restaurants area all over the place in the states, yet I've never been to one.  How ironic that the first time I actually try a Loving Hut it's in a completely different continent!  I was so excited to finally try the place.

We ordered five dishes and shared everything.  It was all so vegan and delicious!  My favorite was definitely the lasagne.  Any time there's something on a vegan menu that's normally supposed to have cheese in it, I have to try it.  This "cheesy" lasagne did not fail.  It was so flavorful and creamy and amazing!  We also had the Crispy Chow Mein which the server recommended to my dad because as a guy he would like this the best.  Okaaaayyy... that was odd.  We couldn't figure out what she meant by that because we all enjoyed it.  In addition, we tried the Spaghetti Bolognese, Heavenly Salad, and Northern Pan bread.  All were equally amazing.  That's it.  That's all I can say about this food -- it was just amazing!

Lasagne

Heavenly Salad

Crispy Chow Mein

Spaghetti Bolognese

Northern Pan Bread



For dessert, we tried four of the raw-vegan cakes and I can't even believe they were vegan, or raw for that matter.  They tasted so creamy and wonderful, it was like eating cheesecake or something.  I only got pictures of two of the cakes, because we were all too busy devouring these things to take many pics!




I know there's a couple Loving Hut's in the SD area, and I need to go to them ASAP.  This place has a great variety of vegan food--it's like my dream come true!-- and everything is lovingly homemade so that it tastes extra special and yummy. 

Thank you, O, for taking us here!

No comments:

Post a Comment