I found some cans of Hearts of Palm and really wanted to make something with them. I googled what to make with Hearts of Palm, and there were a lot of recipes involving rice. It also appears that this vegetable is traditional in Brazil and Argentina. I got some ideas and came up with this:
2 cups cooked brown rice
1 cup cooked white rice, seasoned with turmeric and cumin
1 cup mushrooms, chopped or sliced
1 can hearts of palm, drained
1 cup Daiya vegan cheese to sprinkle on top
1. Cook the two different kinds of rice.
2. Cook mushrooms until they elude their juices.
3. When mushrooms are soft, add hearts of palm and lower heat to keep warm.
4. When rice is done, spread the brown rice in a casserole dish. Layer some mushrooms and hearts of palm on top of brown rice. Add the layer of white rice seasoned with tumeric and cumin. Finish with a layer of the rest of the mushrooms and hearts of palm. Sprinkle the Daiya vegan cheese on top.
5. Bake uncovered for an hour at 350.
I served the dish with some Gardein Beefless Tips, which Will loved because they looked like steak.
|Dinner is served.|