Sunday, April 1, 2012

I Love Chloe's Kitchen!


 This is turning out to be a great cookbook.  I tried three more recipes and they were all so delicious.

First of all, I made the No Soy Soy Sauce for the Chow Mein the other night, and it was surprisingly good and tasted just like soy sauce.

Then,  I made the "Pancakes for Dinner!" for breakfast yesterday.  I almost didn't attempt these at all because I have NEVER had luck with vegan pancakes.  Believe me, I've tried.  A lot.  Not only that, but I was going to use Gluten-free flour, which I've never used before.  All these factors did not equal favorable odds of a successful pancake.

I decided to make steel-cut oats instead.

While that was all boiling, I finally gave in to the pancake temptation and whipped up the batch from Chloe's cookbook.  AND THEY TURNED OUT!  It worked!  I made vegan, gluten-free pancakes and they were delicious!  I can not believe it.




The next recipe I tried was the Sweet Potato Gnocchi in a Butter Sage Sauce for dinner.  Again, this was totally gluten-free and who would know?!  I can't even begin to describe how delectable these were.  Get this book and make them ASAP.  By the way, these are a huge husband-pleaser.

Side note:  I didn't read beforehand that the recipe called for red-skinned sweet potatoes, so I just bought the potatoes that were under a sign saying "sweet potatoes" and not the ones under a sign saying "yams."  I think these gnocchi are supposed to be orangey like yams.  Are yams and sweet potatoes the same thing?  I don't know, but they were still really good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment