Luckily my husband loves vegetables as much as I do, so it's really easy to cook lots of veggie-goodness in this household. Also, to make a long story short, he is four months into Crossfit now and is eating more "Paleo" and "Low Glycemic Index." Fine with me! Just means more veggies for all.
I don't think I really need to explain these recipes from some popular paleo websites. (The cauliflower rice was AMAZING!!!!) Let the pictures speak for themselves:
Gazpacho with Avocado Cream
Broccoli a la Madrid
- 1 lb broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 6 white button or cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- Heat a medium pot with 1" water and a steamer insert over high heat.
- When water boils, add broccoli florets, cover and steam for 6-10 minutes, or until it turns bright green.
- As soon as broccoli turns bright green, remove from heat and rinse with cold water to stop cooking.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and saute for 5 minutes. Then add mushrooms and garlic, and continue to cook for another 10 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli and tomato and saute for a few minutes more.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 Tbs coconut or olive oil
- sea salt, garlic, ginger, coconut aminos, curry, garlic or freshly ground black pepper(optional seasonings)
- Place the cauliflower into a food processor and pulse until it has a grainy rice-like consistency. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Saute the cauliflower in a pan with oil and any additional seasonings desired (sea salt, garlic, ginger, coconut aminos, curry, or just freshly ground black pepper).