Monday, September 10, 2012

Mushroom and Chickpea Ragu with Polenta


This recipe is inspired from Real Simple Magazine.  Instead of using lamb (obviously), I used some hearty portabello mushrooms, and it was delicious!  Okay, so pretty much anything I write about is of course going to be delicious, but I can't help saying it each time anyway.  By the way, can we also please note that I used to absolutely hate mushrooms and now I use them in almost everything?  My father and grandmother of Czech descent are ecstatic. 

Anyway,  here's the recipe and if you want to make it veggie-licious like I did, just replace the poor little lamb with some straight-from-the-earth fungus. (Copied and pasted from Real Simple)

Ingredients

Directions
  1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, tossing occasionally, until the carrots are tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the lamb and cook, tossing occasionally, until brown, 3 to 4 minutes more.
  2. Add the chickpeas, chard, paprika, garlic, and ½ cup water and cook, tossing frequently, until the chard is just wilted and the lamb is medium-rare, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the vinegar.
  3. Meanwhile, cook the polenta according to the package directions; stir in the butter. Serve with the lamb.

By Sarah Copeland , September, 2012
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment