Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Brussel Sprout Salad


I made this salad for Thanksgiving dinner (yes, I know that was ages ago) and my family raved about it.  It is another no-fail recipe from Whole Living magazine.  And it is now my new favorite salad.  I love brussel sprouts, but who would have thought of using them like this in a salad.  Yum.

Ingredients

  • Finely grated zest of 1 lemon (1 teaspoon) plus 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • 3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
  • Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed, leaves separated
  • 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, toasted
  • 1 avocado, sliced

Directions

  1. Whisk lemon zest and juice and mustard in a small bowl. Gradually add oil, whisking to emulsify, and season with salt and pepper.
  2. Toss dressing with brussels sprout leaves and pumpkin seeds. Gently stir in avocado and adjust seasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment