I made this salad for Thanksgiving dinner (yes, I know that was ages ago) and my family raved about it. It is another no-fail recipe from Whole Living magazine. And it is now my new favorite salad. I love brussel sprouts, but who would have thought of using them like this in a salad. Yum.
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon (1 teaspoon) plus 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed, leaves separated
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1 avocado, sliced
Whisk lemon zest and juice and mustard in a small bowl.
Gradually add oil, whisking to emulsify, and season with salt and
Toss dressing with brussels sprout leaves and pumpkin seeds. Gently stir in avocado and adjust seasoning.