Sunday, December 30, 2012

Veggie-stuffed Shells


 Okay.  Not to toot my own horn, but these are the first stuffed shells I've made without a tofu mixture, and they are pretty darn amazing.  The filling is mostly just veggies and beans!  I basically took a bunch of stuff in my fridge, sauteed it all together and stuffed it in the pasta shells.  If you follow this recipe and don't have some of the ingredients, add whatever you have and enjoy!

Ingredients

1/2 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 cup kale, chopped
2 tablespoons sun dried tomatoes in oil
1/2 cup spaghetti squash (left over from Christmas dinner)
1 cup black beans
1/2 cup Daiya vegan cheese (I used the cheddar flavor because that's all I had)
1/2 cup cheesey sauce (leftover from the mac and cheese I made for Christmas dinner)
1/2 jar traditional marinara sauce from Trader Joe's

1/2 box jumbo pasta shells

Directions

Saute the onions, garlic and kale until soft.  Add the rest of the ingredients for the filling, and half the Daiya vegan cheese.

Carefully spoon the filling into the shells.  Cover dish with tomato sauce and sprinkle the other half of the Daiya vegan cheese on top.

Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment