Monday, January 21, 2013

Spicy Sesame Udon Noodles


 I've said before and I'll say it again:  I love Asian food.  Asian and Mexican food are my favorites of all time.

That being said, this is about the former food group.  I assessed my Asian food supplies and devised this delicious dinner, served with a kale salad (talked about in another post.)

YUM!  We could not get enough of this Udon noodle dish.  It was the perfect spiciness and mixed with the veggies and gluten-pork, it was a top ten if I do say so myself.

Ingredients:

2 cups chopped chard
2 baby bok choy, separated
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce (see below)
1/2 teaspoon Tamari
1 tablespoon water
5-6 chunks Wu Chung fried gluten, imitation pork (see below)
3 oz dried udon noodles, cooked according to package

Directions:

In a steamer pot, steam the chard and baby bok choy for only about 3-5 minutes.  Move to a large pan or skillet.  In a separate bowl whisk together sesame oil, chili garlic sauce, tamari and water.  Add to skillet with vegetables.  Stir and cook over medium-high heat.  Add the imitation pork and cook everything until heated through.  Right before serving, add the cooked noodles, mix until they are thoroughly coated with the sauce.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment