This is inspired from a Whole Living Magazine recipe. It was actually supposed to be parsley pesto, but I didn't have enough, so I just made regular basil pesto. The rest of the recipe is the same. It was amazing on top of the roasted sweet potatoes. Yum.
- 4 sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch wedges
- 7 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped garlic (about 1 small clove)
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts, toasted
- Grated zest of 1 lemon, plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss
sweet potatoes with 1 tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Roast, turning once, until golden and tender, 23 to 25 minutes. Let cool
Meanwhile, pulse parsley, garlic, walnuts, zest, and lemon
juice in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Drizzle remaining 6
tablespoons oil and process until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
Top roasted sweet potatoes with 2 tablespoons pesto.