Saturday, May 5, 2012

Thai Curry and Tofu with Steamed Chard



This is as good as any Thai food you'll find in a restaurant and as Will said, "It took you only fifteen minutes to make!"

First of all, I didn't have time to make any meal plans for this week.  I went to Trader Joe's yesterday and wandered around aimlessly grabbing whatever looked good.  Usually I do not like to grocery shop like this.  It drives me nuts to not have meals in mind already!

Needless to say, I had no idea what was going to be for dinner tonight until I got home and assessed the contents of my kitchen.  I decided on Thai food.  The Panang Curry was a Trader Joes find and the tofu was made with a sauce I came up with.  I also had a TON of chard from my garden that needed to be consumed, so I steamed that and served everything up with some Jasmine rice!

Here's the meal:

1.  Trader Joe's Vegetable Panang Curry


2.  Tofu squares in a Spicy, chili, garlic, Tamari sauce
Whisk together 2 tablespoons each of Tamari and sesame oil with 1 tablespoon of chili-garlic sauce, with three cloves of crushed garlic.  Cut half a block of tofu into one-inch squares, about 1/4 inch thick.  Dry-fry the tofu for about five minutes on each side and when they are firm and slightly browned, pour the sauce over the tofu.  Stir until all tofu is covered and let simmer.

3.  Make jasmine rice.

4.  Steam fresh chard.

5.  Serve and enjoy with chopsticks!

No comments:

Post a Comment