Sunday, March 22, 2015

Steamed Chard and Roasted Potatoes



Look at this bright, colorful meal!  How excited am I?!  The cover of this month's Martha Stewart magazine shows an amazing dish of rainbow chard and carrots, so I have been craving this for weeks.  I don't know why it took so long for me to make it. 

I cut the green leafy part from the stems of the chard and steamed them separately.  Covered them with a fresh lemon-garlic vinaigrette.

Meanwhile the colorful potatoes and carrots roasted for 30 minutes with some onion.  Best meal all week.  And surprisingly hearty and filling!  Even though Will did say "This would be awesome with some steak!" he was happily satisfied with just the veggies.

Here's the link to Martha Stewart's version:

Click here!

swiss-chard-stem-rainbow-206-d111786.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment