Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Is it a soup? Is it a drink?

I remember one of my favorite things to eat/drink when I lived in Spain was gazpacho.  They sold it by the carton there, and it is one thing I missed most when I came back to America.  After ten years I finally decided to try my hand at making my own version of the Spanish cold soup.  It's perfect for a raw food diet and it's so delicious!  Especially on a day like today -- beautiful, sunny, and 85!  And in case you're wondering, it's January, by the way.  I actually felt like I was back on the Mediterranean coast of Spain.


I modified the recipe from a New York restaurant called David Burke and Donatella's.  I've never been there, but their version of Gazpacho is wonderful! 

2 ½ large tomatoes, quartered
¼ cucumber, diced
¼  - ½ red pepper, chopped
1 clove garlic
1 tablespoon sea salt
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ cup olive oil

Blend all ingredients in a blender.

Dream that you're sipping this on the beaches of the Mediterranean Sea... and enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment