Friday, July 29, 2011

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day

We were trying not to buy a ton of groceries for the week since we were leaving town on Thursday and wouldn’t be back for ten days.  However, I always make sure we have some kind of vegetable, bread and tofu in the fridge.  These are important staples to have in the kitchen at all times.  Coincidentally these are also components of our favorite breakfast meals.  We are not sweet breakfast people.  Instead we tend to lean more towards the savory-style breakfasts like potatoes and scrambled tofu. 

For Sunday’s breakfast, we didn’t have potatoes, but like I said before we had plenty of tofu, veggies and toast.  My tofu scrambles vary each time I make them, so it’s hard to nail down an actual recipe.  This time I used McKay’s Vegan Chicken seasoning, which I’ve never actually done before but learned the idea from G when I was visiting her last month.  In addition to McKay’s I still added the cumin and tumeric as well as sea salt and black pepper.  I also sautéed some zucchini and onions to add to the scramble.  Delicious!  Let that simmer for a bit, add some toast and sliced tomatoes; some mango on the side, and you have the perfect Sunday breakfast of champions! 

No comments:

Post a Comment