Monday, July 18, 2011

A Favorite Dish

Back in May I made this dish from a recipe I found at quarry.com.

This is Golden Curry Tomokazu, a recipe created from a visit to Tomokazu in SFO airport.  (I happened to see that place when I had a layover at SFO in May, but didn't get a chance to eat there.)  Click here for my original post about it.  I remember it was really tasty and delicious, and I had some of the curry mix leftover, so I decided to try it again.

This time I just used cauliflower instead of broccoli and I have to admit it wasn't quite the same.  Cauliflower definitely did not go with this dish.  Luckly it was steamed separately and just added on top, so for seconds we didn't even add the white vegetable.

I also toned down the spiciness by only adding two blocks of the golden curry mix.  That stuff is HOT!  Even with only two blocks instead of three, it was still pretty spicy.  I kept everything else the same and the whole thing turned out to be just as delicious!  (Minus the cauliflower.)

I have to emphasize again how easy this dish is to make.  It's perfect for a quick meal during the week; it's so simple to whip all the ingredients up in a jiffy and get to eating it as soon as possible when you're starving after work!  Enjoy!

In this picture I didn't add enough of the actual curry sauce.  For actual serving purposes, you want to make sure you fill up the bowl with lots of the liquid.  That's the good stuff.  (See the original picture and post above.)

No comments:

Post a Comment