Monday, January 16, 2012

BBQ Chicken-less Pizza

This is super easy to make, and extremely delicious.

I used the pre-made pizza dough and chicken-less strips from Trader Joes and my husband's favorite barbecue sauce -- Sweet Baby Ray's. 



Other ingredients:
1/4 red onion, cut into thin slivers
1 tsp garlic powder
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/8 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons tomato paste
 1/4 cup Daiya mozzarella cheese (optional)

Roll out the dough according to the package. 

On top of the dough spread the olive oil, garlic and tomato paste.

In a large bowl, mix enough bbq sauce to thickly coat the chicken-less strips.  Add the onions and garlic powder and mix well.

Spread the BBQ chicken-less strip mixture on top of the dough.  You can leave it like this or sprinkle the Daiya mozzarella cheese on it like I did.  I'm sure it would be good either way. 

Bake at 450 for 18-20 minutes. 

This thing was pretty big -- about the size of a large at a pizza restaurant -- and let me just say that by the time I ate the slice pictured below, my husband had completely devoured an entire half of the pizza. 


No comments:

Post a Comment