Thursday, January 26, 2012

Italian Night



Tonight was pasta night and I didn't make it!  I was so pleased to come home to a house smelling of garlic and spices and to see my husband whipping up an Italian feast in the kitchen!

He loves bringing out his Italian roots and making a good pasta dinner for us, and I am more than happy to oblige. 

Tonight he made tomato sauce from scratch and we poured generous servings of it over corn spaghetti from Trader Joe's.  It had big chunks of tomato, onion and garlic in it, as well as fresh basil, thyme and oregano.  These are just the things I could pick out, because he won't share is secret recipe.  :)     



This stuff is amazing an gluten-free.  I think it tastes just like regular pasta, if not better.  I like it better than rice pasta because it doesn't get mushy. 

He also made fresh garlic bread by slicing a loaf of French bread, spreading it with Earth Balance and slices of fresh garlic!  How yummy and delicious!  I love when The Husband makes Italian food!  He is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment