The author is Angela, and she shares delightful stories of her life and some amazing vegan recipes. So far I've tried two of them, the first one being this Creamy Avocado Pasta. Any time I see a way to change up a pasta dish, I'm eager to try it out.
Here it is:
Yield: Serves 2
- 1 medium sized ripe Avocado, pitted
- 1/2 lemon, juiced + lemon zest to garnish
- 2-3 garlic cloves, to taste (I used 3 and it was quite garlicky, but if you are not a big fan of garlic use 1 clove)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- ~1/4 cup Fresh Basil, (probably optional)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 servings/6 oz of your choice of pasta (I used 3oz of spelt and 3 oz of Kamut spaghetti)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Bring several cups of water to a boil in a medium sized pot. Add in your pasta, reduce heat to medium, and cook until Al Dente, about 8-10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, make the sauce by placing the garlic cloves, lemon juice, and olive oil into a food processor. Process until smooth. Now add in the pitted avocado, basil, and salt. Process until smooth and creamy.
3. When pasta is done cooking, drain and rinse in a strainer and place pasta into a large bowl. Pour on sauce and toss until fully combined. Garnish with lemon zest and black pepper. Serve immediately. Makes 2 servings.
Please note: This dish does not reheat well due to the avocado in the sauce. Please serve immediately.
(Note: I used rice pasta spirals)