Friday, February 22, 2013

Where is the food?

This is just sad.  Apparently I have not been inspired in 2013.  Obviously we've cooked a lot, because Hello, we have to eat.  But obviously I have not been documenting it.

It's just that I haven't been following any cool recipes lately or been inspired to make up any of my own.  For instance, last night we made pizzas.  They were amazing as usual, but how many times can I describe my vegan pizza?  All you do for a delicious, quick weeknight pizza dinner is take some pre-cooked pizza shells, add marinara sauce, garlic and a ton of fresh veggies, and bake until the Daiya vegan cheese is nice and melty.  Mmm, mmm good. 

Here's a picture of the previous pizza post:


I also made a really good vegetable soup this week when it was chilly and rainy.  Why I didn't write it down and take pictures, I do not know.  It was just one of those things where I took literally everything I had in the fridge and threw it into a pot.  I added about 5 cups of water and some McKay's chicken seasoning and miso paste.  I poured it over some leftover rice and pasta, and made quesadillas.  I mean, how perfect is that for a cold winter's night?  (And for San Diego, this week WAS really cold.)

Here's a generic, internet picture of vegetable soup.  Lame, I know.

For the record, mine had in it the following: cabbage, carrots, celery, peas, red peppers, tomatoes, vegan chicken, basil, garlic, and onions.

Other items on the menu lately have included go-to favorites like : rice and beans, burritos, tostadas, salads -- lots of salads -- tri-color pasta and primavera sauce, spaghetti and meatballs, popcorn, roasted veggies, baked potatoes, and you get the picture.  Comfort food is the magic word right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment