Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Red Beans and Rice

 
Anyone who knows me even a little bit will know that my staple food is pretty much beans and rice.  I usually don't write about every single beans and rice recipe I make because I'd have about 6.5 posts a week about it.

This one, however, stood out a little bit, because I normally don't make RED beans and rice.  So here we go.  My Wednesday night Red Beans and Rice:

Ingredients

Brown rice, cooked according to package
3/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped mini sweet peppers
1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
1 teaspoon canned chipotle pepper
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 can red beans
Salt and pepper 

Directions

While the rice is cooking, heat a large pan on medium heat.  Add coconut oil, onion and sweet peppers, and saute until soft.

Stir in tomatoes and chipotle pepper.  Heat for about 2 minutes.

Add beans, stir well, and turn heat to low.  Add salt and pepper to taste.

Let simmer for about 10-15 minutes.

When rice is done, pile high the beans atop the rice and enjoy while nice and hot!

That was easy, right?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment