Saturday, May 7, 2011

Golden Curry “Tomokazu”



I found this recipe from Mr Meaner over at quarrygirl.com and it was the best curry I have ever made at home. So much better than those Thai coconut milk curries.

You can click here for the original post on that website but let me share my own success story.

As we all know, I love love love Asian food, so if I can make an amazing Asian dish at home, even better. The best thing about this recipe is that you can find all the ingredients at your local grocery store. I usually shop at Henry's or Sprouts, and they actually didn't have ANY of the ingredients, so the Albertson's right down the street from my house actually came through for me this time.

It's so easy to make. This is what you need:

S&B Golden Curry Sauce Mix (hot)
Pack of Extra Firm Tofu
Huy Fong Chili Garlic Sauce
Lee Kum Kee Black Bean and Garlic sauce
Frozen peas
Broccoli
Rice

First, make the rice in a rice cooker or whatever. I used short grain (cal rose) rice.

Next, break the Golden Curry block into pieces. It's separated into five little blocks, and I used three mixed with three cups of hot water in a pot on the stove over medium heat. Make sure to stir constantly until the curry pieces are completely dissolved.

Then, add the good stuff! 2 tablespoons each of the Chili Garlic Sauce and Black Bean and Garlic Sauce. This is the best part of the whole dish...but that's just me.

Throw in a cup of peas and the tofu (cut into 1/2 inch squares).

Cook at first on medium heat so it's bubbling a little bit, and then let simmer for about 10 minutes.

The rice should be ready right about now, so put some on the bottom of a big bowl...



...and ladle the curry on top of it. Add some steamed broccoli and you have this great Asian curry! I think it's supposed to be Japanese, but it tastes more like Indian curry... but not really. I don't know, it's hard to explain. You'll just have to try it yourself. It's a really easy meal to make after work during the week, so go to the grocery store ASAP and get these ingredients!





Thank you quarry girl and Mr Meaner for this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment