Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Delicious Stuffed Red Peppers



I was lucky enough to be able to visit my parents this past week while I was traveling for work.  On Monday, I got in after a long day of work and driving and was happy to see a huge pot of homemade broccoli potato soup on the stove.  Yum!  Soup was exactly what I wanted!  I had just been through an early winter storm and was so happy to just be home with Mom and Dad and Mom’s soup.

The next day, I offered to make dinner.  Mom couldn’t have been more excited to take me up on that offer.  I surveyed what was available in her fridge and pantry and decided to make stuffed peppers.  Mom also requested “triangle tofu,”  referring to a recipe I made several months ago that called for tofu cut into triangles and then dry-fried with a chili-lime sauce.

I found an amazing recipe from the Vegetarian Times website for stuffed peppers and followed it pretty closely.  The only thing I did differently was use garbanzo beans instead of black beans and vegan cheese instead of real cheese!  It was so good!  Seriously, these are the best stuffed peppers I’ve ever had, I can’t believe it!  While they were baking I prepared the chili lime sauce and started to dry-fry the tofu.  Click here for my original post on this tofu recipe. 

Go to this website for the stuffed pepper recipe from Vegetarian Times.  Some people have commented on that website that they’ve used the leftover stuffing for other things like casseroles or quesadillas and it all sounds like great ideas!  This is a really good recipe and I recommend you to try it ASAP!   Mom and Dad will heartily agree.  Also, I think they were just excited to have their daughter home and willing to cook for them!  I don’t mind; I love cooking for my friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment