These are so good, I had to put the pictures up and write about them immediately...while I'm still eating them...fresh out of the oven and with Green Mountain Pumpkin Spice Coffee! I'm also watching the Friends Thanksgiving episode where they all play football. Can I BE any happier right now?
Here is the recipe from food.com:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine, softened
- 2 cups Libby's canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease baking sheets.
- COMBINE flours, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, clove and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat sugar and vegan margarine or butter in large mixer bowl until well blended.
- Beat in pumpkin, applesauce and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets.
- BAKE for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are firm.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes;
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely. (I started eating them after about 5 minutes, I just couldn't help myself!)