Thursday, November 3, 2011

Travel Dinner

After another long drive to my next work assignment, I was craving more hot soup and some fresh produce.  After googling “Panera” and “health food stores” in this tiny upstate New York town and not finding one match, I decided to just check out the grocery store.  This was actually a really nice grocery store for a small town and they had a huge natural health food section.  My hotel room had a microwave in it so I devised my own soup dinner using two different McDougal’s soups.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these soups.  They are all organic and made from ingredients I actually recognize.   They’re also perfect for airport travel because you can take them on the plane and just ask the flight attendant to fill it up with hot water. 





Anyway, back at the hotel, I mixed these two soups together into one big delicious bowl o’ soup.  It could have used maybe a drop of soy sauce and sriracha, but in a pinch it worked out fine. 

I also purchased a pint of organic grape tomatoes, an Empire Apple, and a single serving packet of peanut butter.  My dad had sent me with a packet of popcorn, so I was pretty much set for the evening!  Not bad for this travel dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment