Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Asian Food Week

I have been majorly craving Asian food this week.  As in, I want it for every single meal.  I'm not even joking.

We went to Kim's Vietnamese restaurant in Encinitas to get my fix.  I love Kim's.  They advertise on a sign outside their restaurant that they have over 50 vegetarian items on their menu.  And it's true!  Every time I go there, I get to try something different and every time it's equally amazing and exactly what I want!  This time I got vegetable chop suey with mock chicken.  Delish.  Thank you Kim's! 

Kim's was EXACTLY what I wanted, but still didn't satisfy my craving.  I was just going to have to make my own versions of Asian food at home!

First up was a favorite dish I've made before from Chloe's Kitchen.  It's called Chinese Takeout Chow Mein, and it is REALLY good.  I don't know why I've waited this long to make it again.  I didn't take a picture because I was too anxious to start scarfing it down, but here's a picture of the first time I made it.  It looked a little different, but it's pretty much the same.


 For lunch the next day I ate an entire bag of Trader Joe's Kimchi Fried Rice.  Love this stuff so much.  I also ate a carton of seaweed snack strips from Trader Joes.


 That next day for dinner I made stir-fried snow peas and bok choy, with tofu and another bag of Kimchi fried rice.  I marinated everything in mushroom sauce and Annie Chun's Korean Sweet and Spicy sauce.




I can't get enough!  As I write this, my mouth is still watering for more Asian food.  Guess what will be on the menu for tonight?


No comments:

Post a Comment