Friday, June 28, 2013

Vegan Pigs-in-Blankets


 




 Ever since we went camping last weekend and I didn't get a chance to roast my vegan-dogs, I have been wanting pigs-in-blankets all week.  I finally got around to making them for lunch today.  I was going to try to be all fancy and make the dough from scratch, but then decided it was too hot and I was too lazy for that kind of nonsense, so I just bought two tubes of  Pillsbury crescent roll dough.  The veggie dogs are an old-time favorite from Loma Linda foods:  Linkettes.


So pretty much this meal was all sorts of processed stuff, but we'll just ignore that right now, and just enjoy this special treat.  Besides, haven't we been eating those wonderful, fresh salads and zucchini dishes all week?  I did add some carrots and celery sticks to the plate with the pigs-in-blankets.  There we go.  I made some big ones and some bit-sized ones.  I also added a little shredded vegan cheese for a kick.   

Also, the paper plates are because for some reason all the regular plates were in the dishwasher, and mostly we didn't feel like doing anymore dishes for the time being.


PS -- I'm not sure why the layout of this post is all weird and there's all that blank space at the beginning.  I can't seem to fix it.  Oh well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment