Thursday, June 27, 2013

Roasted Golden-Beet and Avocado Salad


I could really get into this fancy salad thing!  These Martha Stewart salad recipes have been amazing this week!  This is another one that called for a roasted vegetable.  As easy and carefree you might think a salad is (and cook-free), these salads are quite intense.  I followed the instructions on roasting the beets, but after 45 minutes in the boiling hot oven, they were still hard as a rock.  Will suggested we just microwave them, so five minutes later we had softened, golden-beet wedges.  Thank you.  While Will was peeling the skins off the beets he recalled the beet sliders he had made once before and suggested we should make those for 4th of July.  Sounds good to me!  

Anyway, back to the salad:  Instead of watercress, which the recipe calls for, I just used baby Romaine and arugula.  I also forget to get radishes, but that would have been a great addition.  I left out the cheese, but everything else was there -- avocado, chives, oil and red-wine vinegar.  Oh, and I added a little fresh parsley to the dressing.  YUM!  This was the best salad yet!

Click here for the recipe from Martha Stewart.

No comments:

Post a Comment