Monday, June 24, 2013

Zucchini, Sweet Potato and Spaghetti

 
Amy and Hugh gave us a huge zucchini fresh from their garden so I was excited to put it to use today.  What to make, what to make?  I wanted to do something different.  I surveyed my ingredients and came up with this pasta dish.  It was inspired from this website, but I took a totally different spin.

My tomato sauce ingredients:
1 whole tomato
Green olives
Black olives
2 garlic cloves
1/2 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

I blended all that together in a food processor and set it aside while the spaghetti cooked.

In the meantime, I shredded the sweet potato and 1/4 of the zucchini (it was a really big zucchini) in my KitchenAid. 

Sauted the veggies in skillet over medium heat with vegetable broth, not oil.

When everything was ready, I just mixed the sauce, veggies, and pasta all together and served!

Very easy. 

And it was quite satisfactory for everyone in the household :)

No comments:

Post a Comment