Saturday, October 4, 2014

31 Days of Pumpkin, Day 3


was going to make a roasted pumpkin soup today but does everyone realize how ridiculously hot it is here?  The temperature thing on my car said 97 degrees today.  At 10:45am.  No matter how many little pumpkins and gourds and scarecrow things and chrysanthemums I bring into the house, it still feels like the middle of July.  And I do not feel like roasting a pumpkin in the oven in the middle of July.  

So I made banana zucchini bread instead.  Pretty simple.  Most recipes are the same-- grated zucchini, ripe bananas, and applesauce, etc. Except instead of applesauce I used puréed pumpkin of course.  

I actually followed this recipe from Post Punk Kitchen.  Swap out the applesauce for pumpkin like I did for a festive fall treat!  (I made muffins instead of a loaf.) I also used coconut oil instead of canola and coconut sugar.

http://www.theppk.com/2013/07/zucchini-banana-bread/



No comments:

Post a Comment