Friday, October 24, 2014

Pumpkin Day 24

Today I made pumpkin enchiladas.  Whaaaaa???  Yes you heard right -- pumpkin enchiladas.  When I took them to Tara's house, we enjoyed them with the sparkling Pumpkin Apple Cider, and then she offered some to her husband when he came in later.  He scarfed down a generous serving without taking a breath and afterward I said that they were made with fresh-roasted pumpkins.  He didn't believe me, because he doesn't like anything made with pumpkin, and there's no way these were made with pumpkin because they were so good!  Well, sure enough, the main ingredient in the filling of these enchiladas was pumpkin!  Glad you enjoyed it!


I don't have time to write the full recipe, but if you know how to cook, you can figure it out.  I just made it up using a whole pumpkin -- roasted; black beans; fajita-style onions, peppers, and mushrooms; black olives; stewed tomatoes; and Daiya vegan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment