Sunday, May 1, 2011

Mediterranean Night



The theme was Mediterranean. I pulled memories of my days on the Mediterranean coast of Spain to create a wonderful dinner only worthy of that great European sea shore. When I first moved to Southern California, it reminded me of my year in Spain anyway. Several times I've made my versions of Paella, Tortilla Espanola, and Ensalada Verduras.


This time, I referred to my new favorite cookbook, The Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen, and made "Conchiglie with Green and Black-Eyed Peas, Pearl Onions, and Basil.

YUM! I rarely eat plain white pasta, but this time I just had to! I mean, I'm just following the recipe. And I couldn't find whole-wheat or quinoa pasta shells.

The cookbook describes this dish to be a favorite among children because they like discovering hidden peas inside the pasta shells. Cute! I actually kinda enjoyed that small delight as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment