Friday, May 13, 2011

Sun dried Tomato and Basil Pesto Pasta


My basil plant has been growing out of control, so I had to figure out something to do with all the fresh basil. Hello fresh pesto! I found a good recipe in my trust Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook:


1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup chopped pine nuts
2 cups firmly packed fresh basil
4 cloves garlic, peeled and quartered
1/4 teaspoon salt
Black Pepper

I used my amazing Tupperware chop n prep to blend and mix and chop everything together until it was nice and smooth. I guess you could use a food processor; at least that's what the cookbook says to use, but the chop n prep works better in my opinion.

Now for the pasta: I used tri-color swirly things from Trader Joe's and mixed finely chopped sun dried tomatoes with half of the basil pesto. When the pasta was ready, I stirred in the sun dried and basil pesto until the pasta was evenly coated with all the deliciousness. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment