Thursday, May 12, 2011

Ten-minute Meal

Wednesday nights are bowling nights for us, and since I've been spoiled by vegan-cheese pizzas lately, I kinda refuse to eat the bland no-cheese pizza slices I have occasionally ordered at the bowling alley. Therefore, I have to eat something at home before bowling league, or else I'm starving and stuck with nothing to eat except french-fries. As delicious as that is sometimes, we all know it's healthier to avoid the fried stuff as much as possible, right?


I have approximately 45 minutes between the time I get home and when we have to leave for the bowling alley, so what was I going to make in a hurry that was still satisfying and healthy?

Here it is! This is my last minute, ten minute meal:

-In a pan, saute onions in some olive oil.
-Add a couple spoonfuls of fresh salsa, frozen corn and spinach.
-Add half a cup of vegan chicken strips.
-Sprinkle some seasoned salt, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt and pepper on top of everything and stir.
-Saute for about 5 minutes.

Chase away the husband who comes into the kitchen and says,"mmmmm, that smells so good!" because he is still going to eat that nasty cheese pizza at the bowling alley later and doesn't get any of your vegan food if he's going to be that way.

:)

Eat and Enjoy!


end note: obviously I didn't have time to take a picture of this meal, so just take my word for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment