Sunday, May 1, 2011

PIZZA!

Remember how much I loved that vegan cheesey pizza I had at that place in Thousand Oaks a couple weeks ago? Well, I loved it so much I wanted to make it at home. Forget trying to make the pizza dough and all that -- I somehow lack talent in creating anything with dough or batter... more on that later.

So I just bought pre-made "pizza parlor" bread things at Sprouts. The package says "Five pizzas in five minutes!" This means, all we have to do is put on the toppings and pop it in the oven for five or so minutes. I know it might be cheating a little bit, but have I mentioned that if I try to make anything that includes dough or batter, it just never comes out right? I'll have to tell my pancake and waffle story sometime. Also, we tried to make pizzas the old-fashioned way with dough made from scratch and everything, and it just was one big doughy-unbaked-mess. What a waste.

Anyway, here it is, our amazing little personal pizzas. They were so good, we made them two days in a row, and the second time we grilled them on the grill! Crispy, cheesy goodness! Of course we used Daiya cheese, because that stuff is amazing.





On our pizza's, we used fresh marinara sauce, vegan pepperoni, and all sorts of veggies. My personal favorites are green olives, mushrooms, and artichoke hearts.

When we sat down to eat on our little patio, W acutely commented that he felt like we was in Tuscany! Ahhhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment