Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Comfort Foods

I finally watched an episode of Top Chef that I missed several weeks ago.  It was the one where all the chef's went on Jimmy Fallon's show and their challenge was to make a fancy version of one of his favorite all-time comfort foods.  They were things like Philly Cheese Steak, Pulled Pork Sandwhich, Beef Tongue and Ramen Noodle Soup.  Obviously none of these things appeal to this veggie lover, but to each his own.

It did get me to thinking about what my favorite comfort foods are and how much the foods I love differ from, not only Jimmy Fallon, but most meat-eating Americans!

This is my list of my all-time favorite veggie-licious foods ever:

Tomato and rice soup

Elbow macaroni with tomato sauce

Avocado - cut in half and sprinkled with Tapatio and garlic salt

Rice with salsa, avocado and soy sauce

Artichoke - boiled and peeled, one leaf at a time dipped in Italian dressing 

Homemade burritos or tostadoes -- Refried beans, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, onions and jalepenos

Everything bagels toasted with (vegan)butter, tomato and avocado

These are my go-to, comfort foods.  Of course I love cooking and trying new recipes (as seen on this blog) but sometimes I just need my comfort foods.  Good thing about them is that they're all super healthy and full of veggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment