Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Veggiegoodness on the road

March 1.  Day 1

I must be insane for planning my work trips on top of each other like this.  I started having a nervous breakdown today when the clock ticked closer to the time of my flight departure.  All of a sudden I realized I was literally going to be gone for 28 days in a row.  That's four weekends away from home; that's like an entire February... or female cycle!  What was I thinking?  No home-cooked meals for a month!  Except for those made by Aunt K and both of our mothers, just three of the actual homes and family members we will be visiting during this crazy month of travel.  Otherwise, I'll be creating all sorts of meal concoctions in between work appointments, long drives and hotel rooms.  And in case anyone is wondering, my loving husband is tagging along with me for most of this trips -- so even though I'll be severely missing my kitchen, at least I'll have my love.

Today, day 1, I packed  power-meal for the airport.  I have learned to stay away from high priced airport food which usually offers little to no vegan options anyway.  People might think this is crazy, but today when I plopped down in a chair by gate 4, I pulled out a tupperware container of home-prepared salad -- red leafy lettuce, spinach, avocado, tomato, cucumber and garbanzo beans added for protein.  I had poured some organic Italian dressing into a little ziplock so the salad wouldn't get soggy. 

After the whole airport salad extravaganza, I noshed on some organic vegan rice chips, barbecue flavor.  Yum.  What a healthy and delicious meal on the go!  I'm so proud of myself.  Day 1, down.  I can only imagine what's to come in these days that follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment