Wednesday, March 23, 2011

March 23. Day 23.

I was supposed to drive from Boston to Syracuse today. I had all my road trip snacks ready to go and everything. Then, I started feeling sick again, and weather.com was declaring winter storm advisories across the whole state of New York. What?! It's Spring already! I realized I could never make the 6.5 hour trip through bad weather when I already wasn't feeling good.

(By the way, didn't I just have a bad cold at the beginning of this trip? I don't think I've ever gotten over it completely, and now some other kind of sickness is getting me... sigh.)

Anyway, so I stayed home at Mom and Dad's and ate leftover Thai food from last night.

For dinner we had a classic "Mom meal." It was a meal I always remember Mom making; from way back in the day, you know what I mean?

Potatoes, tofu, broccoli and salad. All the components are covered, and it is delicious! It's just the kind of home cooking I crave from Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment