Monday, March 28, 2011

March 28. Day 1 of not traveling.

Nope I'm not traveling. Back to the routine.

Yesterday, I prepared a cous cous salad for my lunches this week. I didn't even taste it until lunch today and it was so good! I had never made this kind before. Usually I just get that package of Israeli cous cous from Trader Joes that has garbanzo beans and orzo and all sorts of stuff in it.




This time I made my own version, not from that package, and it goes like this:

1 1/3 cup dry plain Israeli cous cous (cook it)
1 cup dry red quinoa (cook it)

When those two grains are nice and cooked and cooled, add the following:

marinated artichokes
sundried tomatoes
green olives
1/2 cup Vegenaise
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp oil from marinated artichokes
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp crushed red peppers
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all together well. Chill overnight and eat a big helping of it for lunch. You can also add it to a regular salad for something a little extra special!

No comments:

Post a Comment